Thinking About Upgrading?Foundation:
SharePoint Foundation is a great starting point for collaborating and sharing documents. Features include:
Standard (All Foundation Features Included):
- SharePoint 2010 Workflows - Workflows allow you to automate the everyday business process and reduce unnecessary user input.
- Basic Content Collaboration – Easily upload, edit, and work with documents between users using many of SharePoint's basic out-of-the-box features such alerts, versioning, and custom views.
- Basic Search – Search SharePoint content
- Cannot search across entire tenant (All site collections)
- Can search across sub sites.
- Site Templates
- Team Site
- Basic Search Center
The Standard version of SharePoint Server allows you to collaborate and share content in more diverse ways. The addition of Social features, Web Content Management, enterprise search capabilities and Auditing will give users more powerful ways to collaborate, navigate, and more efficiently work to complete their everyday tasks.
Enterprise (All Standard Features Included):
- SharePoint 2013 Workflows – Many of the same capabilities as SharePoint Workflow 2010 with the addition of several other features such as additional actions for creating and starting tasks as well as prebuilt 2013 workflows which can be configured with a few simple clicks.
- Social Features
- My Sites - Store personal as well as shared documents.
- Following – Shows what people are saying, tagging and making updates to documents.
- Newsfeed – Displays content and activities of users you decide to follow.
- Share – Simplified way of collaborating with others without going through permission hierarchy.
- Ratings – Displays more relevant content that users find helpful
- Site Templates (Activating various SharePoint features will provide additional site templates)
- Project Site
- Community Site
- Enterprise Search Center
- Document Center
- Records Center
- Web Content Management (Publishing Features) – Provides the ability to better design and customize your site.
- Auditing – Track what users have taken action on with your site, down to the list item.
- Enterprise Search – Additional features such as the ranking model, recommendations, search vertical: "conversations", and search vertical: "people"
The Enterprise version of SharePoint is for customers with even more functionality than the Standard version. InfoPath Forms Services enables users to create web based forms that anyone in your organization can interact with. Enhanced content management capabilities including the Content Search web part make it easier to create dynamic search driven sites. And other features such as Excel and Visio Services allow you to collaborate in new and powerful ways:
Important: You have the ability to upgrade your SharePoint site at anytime, but there is no option to downgrade.
- Excel Services – View Excel spreadsheet in the browser.
- Visio Services -
- Access Services 2010/2013 (Access App not available) – Publish your Access 2010/2013 database to SharePoint.
- InfoPath Forms Services -
- Web parts
- Content Search
- Excel Web Access
- Visio Web Access
- InfoPath Form