If search isn't returning the results you are expecting there are a few things you can check from the site level. Search is supposed to be fully functional in all versions of SharePoint.
- In the upper right hand corner of your SharePoint Site locate and click the Site Settings gear.
- From the drop down click Site Settings.
- Under the Search section click Search and offline availability.
- On the Search and Offline Availability page verify Yes is selected under Allow this site to appear in search results. (If this is not selected your site will not return the proper search results)
- At the bottom of the screen, click Reindex site. (depending on how much content you have will determine how long it will take to index your site)
- At the Reindex site pop-up click Yes.
- At the bottom of the screen click OK.
We recommend waiting a day before you attempt to search again so all of your content gets indexed. It would also be a good idea to clear your browser cache and cookies before running another search.