How to Create a Calendar Overlay
1. From the home page of your SharePoint site, open
a calendar you have created. In this example I will be opening Team Calendar.
2. At the top of the page click Calendar to expand
3. In the Manage Views section click Calendars
4. On the Calendar Overlay Settings page click New
5. In the Name and Type section enter a name and
select the type of calendar:
Type - SharePoint
6. In the Calendar Overlay Settings section
configure the following:
- Description - This is the team calendar from our
- Color – Red
- Web URL: For example, https://scuba3.atrackspace.com/IT)
and click Resolve. (Navigate to the location of your other
- List – IT Calendar
- List View – Calendar
Always show – unchecked
7. Review your settings and click OK
8. You will now see your calendar listed under
Additional Calendars, IT Calendar.
9. Click OK
on our Team Calendar on the left hand side of the screen under Calendars in
View you will see the calendar overlay you just created, IT Calendar.
11. You will also see all of the events from both calendars in one central location.