How to a create a site with a site template
If you have already watched SharePoint-2013: How to save your site as a template you're ready to create a new site from the saved template. If you haven't watched it yet, check it out now! This tutorial will focus on creating a new subsite from a saved site template.
1. From your SharePoint site, on the Quick Launch, click Site Contents.
2. Scroll to the bottom under Subsites and click + new subsite.
3. In the Title and Description section under Title: give it a name, for this example I will it New IT Subsite.
4. Under Description: type This site was created using the IT Subsite Template.
5. In the Web Site Address section under URL name: type NewIT.
6. In the Template Section under Select a template: click Custom.
7. Click IT Subsite. (Which is the site template I created previously).
8. In the Navigation Inheritance section under Use the top link bar from the parent site click Yes.
9. Click Create.
You will notice the saved site template I created in SharePoint 2013: How to save your site as a template has been applied to this site.