How to Create a Task List and Add a New Task
1. From the homepage of your SharePoint site, on
the quick launch click Site Contents
2. Under Lists, Libraries, and other Apps click add
3. Under Noteworthy click Tasks
4. In the name section, give it a name, for this
example I will call mine “Team Tasks”.
5. Click Create.
6. Back on the Site Contents page click “Team
7. Click + new task, to add a new item.
8. Enter the following information:
- 1. Task Name – First Task
- 2. Start Date – 9/15/2014 (enter any date you would
- 3. Due Date –
9/19/2014 (enter any date you would like)
- 4. Assigned To – leave blank
9. Click SHOW MORE.
the following information:
- % Complete – 50
- Description –
This is a test task.
- Predecessors – leave blank
- Priority – Not Started
your task and click Save
will now see your newly created task.