How to use the Import Spreadsheet app
1. From the home page of your SharePoint site on the Quick Launch click Site Contents
2. On the Site Contents page under List, Libraries,
and other Apps click add an app.
3. On the Your Apps page scroll to the bottom and
click the Next arrow.
4. Scroll to bottom of that page and click Import
5. In the Name section give it a name, for this
example I will call mine “External Contacts”.
6. In the File location section click Browse.
7. Locate the file on your local machine you would
like to import, in this example I will import my “ExtContacts” spreadsheet.
8. Click Open.
9. Review your settings and click Import.
10. Excel will open on your local machine and you
may be prompted to enter your username and password.
the Import to Windows SharePoint Services list pop-up click the drop-down under
12. From the drop-down select Range of Cells.
13. In the Select Range section click the “_”.
your range of cells and click the icon to the left of the range.
will be taken back to the Import to Windows SharePoint Services list pop-up,
review your settings and click Import.
16. Your list will begin exporting from Excel into
SharePoint and after a few moments you will see your new “External Contacts”